About JEC Store
Make yourselves right at home at the JEC online shopping experience! In these pages you will find our familiar selection of Japanese embroidery items and we hope you will find easier and smoother to navigate. We aim to please you at this, your online source for Japanese embroidery products!
Our mission is to preserve and promote the cultural heritage of Japanese embroidery through the pursuit of Nuido™
The Japanese Embroidery Center (JEC) is a nonprofit educational organization whose mission is to preserve and promote the cultural heritage of Japanese embroidery through the pursuit of Nuido™, The Way of Embroidery. The word Nuido™ is made up of two parts; Nui, or embroidery (also shishu), and Do, the way of Nui refers to the acquisition of technical skills and knowledge. Do refers to the development, and constant discovery, of the spiritual components of the art of Nuido™. Nuido™ has three aspects: the acquisition of technical skills and knowledge (rationality), the development of artistic sensitivity and awareness (sensitivity), and understanding the spiritual aspects of shishu(Spirituality), resulting in a state of peace, calm, and harmony.
Products and Services
At JEC Store, we offer products such as threads, stitching tools, fabric with designs, publications, and gift cards. Our service includes membership, instruction on Japanese embroidery (Nuido) etc.
- Register and manage your personal account
- JEC member and teacher discount price indication
- Auto-recurring billing JEC membership option
- Make payment with Paypal (The most secure and trusted way)
- Securely process credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover) online
- Now accept international shipments through online store
- Instant shipping and handling fee caluculation feature
- Fully responsive to your mobile devices such as iPad, iPhone, Android phone & tablet etc.
- And much more!
If you are a current JEC member or a JEC teacher, we kindly ask you to take few minutes to register so that we can move you to the discount group.
*Please allow us 2 business days for the changes to be effective.
IMPORTANT: Do not duplicate your account as your account displays discount price etc upon subscribing to membership. Please keep your password in safe place.
If you are not a JEC member, consider becoming a member so that will receive:
- Nuido – Japanese Embroidery Journal (published quarterly)
- 10% discount on most embroidery materials
- Notification of class schedule
- Priority registration for JEC classes
- Special invitations to preview exhibitions
- Any amount over the value of $50.00 for members per single membership is considered a donation and is fully tax deductible.
Please Read Before You Submit Your Order:
- Price may change without any notice.
- When you click “Place Order” button, the order is final.
- One order – One shipment. We do not accept any request for adding products by email or phone.
- RISK OF LOSS: All items purchased from JEC Store are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier